Saturday, June 7, 2014

Ms. Sassy Pants

Daddy made a last minute decision this week that we would take the kids out of town today, traveling several hours to meet up with some family. 

This morning came and it was the usual chaos trying to get everyone ready and out of the house.  Daddy was fussing at all us girls to hurry up and get in the car as we ran around finishing up hair and packing snacks and drinks for the ride. 

Of course, I was the last one in the car because I had to try and get the dog to go to the bathroom one more time.  With everyone waiting on me, I climbed in the mini-van, laptop in hand (because I had to blog of course) and the corner of my laptop bumped my coffee which was sitting in the middle console.

and wouldn't you know...

DROPS OF COFFEE SPLASHED OUT OF MY TRAVEL MUG AND LANDED ALL OVER HIS DRESS PANTS!!

Oh gosh, when I say He was not happy, that is an understatement!

I apologized and explained that if He cleaned it off fast enough, it wouldn't leave a stain so He disappeared into the house to clean up after my clumsiness. 

Then as we drove along, you know how it is...someone is always complaining that it's too hot, then too cold.  I reached over and tried to adjust the temperature.  Well, He fussed at me for that.

So now you are assuming what temperature I want!

Pulling back my hand, I looked at Him apologizing with a big grin on my face. 

I'm sorry...forgot that you are Master of the air.

Now, this wasn't meant as intentional disrespect.  That would not be acceptable but it was my brave little attempt to lighten the mood.  Whether he found it as humorous as I did or not is probably up for debate.  But He looked so darn handsome when He calmly readjusted His glasses with that slightly wicked grin.

Someone must really be asking for it today!

So I'm typing this while we are driving and He is wondering why the big grin on my face...

...Guess I better put Ms. Sassy Pants away and be on my very best...est behavior.  Wouldn't want to poke at the beast too much or else I'll get more than I bargained for!!


   

8 comments:

  1. Lol, I know this scenario well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judging the poke is a fine art :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is isn't it? I have come to learn that He has way more to dish out than I can take so I try to stop while still ahead!

      Delete
  3. Been here done this many times! Sometimes my playful side just takes over and I poke the beast one too many times! I admire your cautious reserve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay,

      Haha...yes, sometimes it is just too tempting to keep pushing isn't it?!

      Hugs to you:)

      Delete
  4. "I'm sorry...forgot that you are Master of the air"....I died. That was too funny. Love your blogs so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought is was pretty funny too;) Sometimes you have to keep things lighthearted.

      Delete