Saturday, July 19, 2014

Quiet Drive Home

So it's the end of our vacation. and we are in the process of making the long trek back home.  Everyone is so exhausted there has barely been a word said the entire trip except the occasional "How much longer", "I'm hungry", or "I need to pee".  

It's been a really fun and memorable week but I think we are all ready to return to normalcy.  We miss our own home, our beds, and the kids miss their dogs.  Notice I didn't include myself in the last part of that statement.  I love the dogs but they do drive me a bit crazy, mainly because I am the only one that takes care of them.

Work..urggg!!  I also don't miss work and am definitely not ready to get back to that grind. 

While it's been quiet here in the car, I have been sitting here trying to think of future blog topics and I thought of one I have been meaning to write about for a while now.

Don't ask me what brings this to mind now, maybe it's because we are traveling.  But it does have the potential to be funny in a morbid kind of way.  There was a question a while back ago on Fet about toys and equipment.  I am paraphrasing here but it was something to the effect of...

...If something happened to you and your partner, do you have a plan in place and someone designated to come in and remove all the kinky toys and equipment before family finds them?

Well, I don't know why but this particular situation had never occurred to me before and it really got me thinking...and a little worried.   

First of all, we don't have anyone, in or out of the lifestyle, that we are good enough friends with to do this for us.  Not to mention, with my nosy mother living with us, I can only assume between her and our kids, everything would be found pretty quickly anyways.

I asked Daddy had He ever though about this and did it concern Him at all.  His only answer was, "We wouldn't be here anymore...so what would we care?"

Well, I guess that's one way to look at it. They all would either be scarred forever or think it was pretty damn funny.  Maybe both!! 


It's not the implements that worry me so much.  It's the larger equipment like the St. Andrews Cross and fucking machines.  Not so sure I want everyone seeing that stuff!  Although I am pretty sure the pest control guy encountered the cross hiding in our closet the other day!  Whoops...didn't think that one through ahead of time:)
 
So, just curious...does the idea of your family finding your kinky stuff bother you at all?




8 comments:

  1. I have thought of what would happen if our rather mediocre toy box was discovered. My only idea was to put a note in the box along the lines of 'please don't judge in our absence, we had fun'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about the idea of a note too. I like your wording. Instead of apologizing for them finding it, just let them know you had fun! What a great idea!!

      Delete
  2. My brother runs rental properties and a tenant of his who passes away had ceiling restraints hidden beyond the ceiling tiles above his pool table. Along with crops, toys and so on in a closet. My bother was talking about what a freak the guy must have been....

    That sparked TWO conversations between My Man and I. #1. We need to maybe have a go to who will dispose of our goodies if we kick the bucket. #2. What a DAMN terrific idea to have hidden restraints in the ceiling!! What a creative guy he must have been!

    I like DF's sign. That really covers it! My main concern would be for our kids to find our things. We have no big equipment but what we do have I would NOT want them to see. As for other family....I just don't know that I care really. The family who I am close with would laugh, the ones who I don't care for too much would judge I'm sure.

    Making me think this morning.....XOXO Pearl

    On an aside...we have vacation coming up! Long drive included. Glad to hear you and your family had a good time on yours =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pearl!

      Oh Wow! I bet your brother does run into some interesting stuff!!

      But yeah...that's brilliant to put the restraints in the ceiling. Gosh, that reminds me about the restraints we have between the mattress and box springs. Didn't even think about those:)

      I hope that you have a wonderful and safe vacation!!

      hugs xo

      Delete
  3. Oh I have thought about this! And I have no idea what to do, lol. I do like his thoughts on it though...Master would probably think the same...I should ask him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear what his response is!! You will have to let us know.

      I read DF's idea to Daddy and he really liked that. Just a simple note saying "don't judge, we had fun".

      Delete
  4. Yikes, like you I never thought about this I guess. lol. Need a trunk with a super duper pad lock on it, and get buried with the key?

    Welcome home btw. xx

    brat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is really nice to be home and we finally got some much needed private time today;)

      Delete